Minutes of the BARC Executive Committee Meeting
September 30, 1997
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary
Present were Mike Kass, N1YER; Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, VP; Ed Hennessy, N1PBA,
Secretary; Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service; Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC
Editor; Mike Ardai, N1IST, President; Phil Temples, K9HI; Arthur Ashley,
N1NHZ, Membership Services; Bob Cassell, N1ENS, EC; Ralph Walton, N1KOI.
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1850.
- Due to the Columbus Day holiday, which falls on the second Monday of
October, the VE session this month will be cancelled. We do not have
access to the Pierce School on holidays.
- The November or January General Meeting will be a show-and-tell night. Bring your
project, homebrew, or other interesting item, and a story about it, to the
- We have been scouting a new Holiday Dinner location because Matt
Garrett's has closed. This year's dinner will be at Ruggieri's, 491
Riverside Ave., Medford. The location (same building as A & W Electronics)
is fully handicapped accessible, has ample parking, and is reachable via
the MBTA Orange Line's Wellington Station and a short walk or bus ride (via
3 lines). We will have a private room for the evening. The buffet dinner
will be $19 per person, which covers dinner, dessert, tax, and tip. The
Holiday Dinner takes place instead of the December meeting; this year it
will be on December 17. Details will follow.
- Mike, N1YER, reported that the WGBH Ice Cream Fest was a success, and
BARC was recognixed by the organizers.
- A vote was taken and passed on maintaining the club dues at the current
level of $22 per year.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2032.