Minutes of the BARC Executive Committee Meeting
February 5, 1997
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary
Present were: Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service; Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ,
Exec Committee; Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor; Arthur Ashley,
N1NHZ, Treasurer, Membership Services; Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary;
Pat Richardson, N1VQY; Greg Richardson, N1QLS; Ralph Walton, N1KOI;
Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Exec Committee; Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Vice President.
The meeting was called to order at about 6:45 PM.
- All four radios the club was auctioning were sold, for a total of $260.
One of the four was involved in a bidding 'war' late this afternoon (the
last day for bids)! Mike will have details in the SPARC.
- Field Day planning was discussed -- the club still needs a chairperson.
Filters and antenna ideas were mentioned and will be passed to the new
- Some local interference issues were brought up, and will be acted upon.
- Two possibilities for VE session rooms (and, later, perhaps meeting
space) have been located; Ed, N1PBA, will write letters to the two groups
involved explaining who we are and what our needs are. Details will
follow when things are more definite. Thanks to Dick and Bob Salow for
seeking these opportunities.
- We need to hold a Repeater Committee meeting soon. It has been several
years since this group met, and there are some issues to resolve, such as
remote control of the repeater. Mike will have details soon.
- Bob, WA1IDA, listed some public service events in need of hams:
- MS Walk, April 13th, the Sunday before the marathon. This may
make it tough to get people, although only about 15 hams are
needed. This year it starts and ends at the Hatch Shell on
- BAA Marathon, April 21. Approximately 150 hams are needed this
year. Bob has begun planning.
- Assistive Technology Expo. May 21, a Wednesday. We need a
coordinator to get hams and set them up. This is an indoor event
using simplex frequencies.