Minutes of the BARC Executive Committee Meeting
March 5, 1997
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary
Present were Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service; Mike Ardai, N1IST, President;
Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, EC; Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Treasurer;
Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary; Paul Carter, N1TMF, Newsletter Editor;
Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Vice President; Ralph Walton, N1KOI;
Bob Cassell, N1ENS, EC.
The meeting was called to order at about 6:45 PM.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 8:35 PM
- Club membership as of the meeting was 183 members. However, this
includes 90 people who are listed as 1996 members and have not yet renewed
membership for 1997. Ninety-three people have renewed for 1997.
Member stats are:
47 on packet, 106 on email, 33 on both
No license: 5; Novice: 2; Tech: 37; Tech+: 47; General: 21; Advanced: 30;
137 ARRL members, 13 ARRL Life members, 33 non-ARRL members
177 in MA, 6 elsewhere
- We need a Field Day Chairperson ASAP, and we will begin looking
immediately. Anyone with any interest in organizing Field Day should
contact Mike, N1IST.
- The VE Session this month will be held at the Pierce School in Brookline.
It will also be a fallback for following months. It is T accessible
(Green Line, D train). Directions will be in the SPARC and on the
- March meeting topic will be public service. N1IST and WA1IDA will speak.
- Elections are approaching. Think about volunteering for a club office.
- We will begin planning events for this year. Mike will be trying to
organize a foxhunt for this spring.
- There are two daytime events needing hams for communication. They are
the Aviation Expo (May 7) and the Assistive Technology Expo (May 21).
Contact Bob Salow for details (an article will appear in the SPARC).
- A repeater committee meeting will be held soon.
- The New England Spectrum Management Council will hold a meeting on the
28th of March. An MVARG member is attending, and, since he is also a BARC
member, he will represent BARC at the meeting as well.
- Negotiations are in the works for a new, permanent VE session site.
Details on this will follow as things develop (which should be very soon).
This may lead to other affiliations.