Minutes of the BARC Executive Committee Meeting
April 2, 1997
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary
Present were Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, EC; Mike Ardai, N1IST, President; Ed
Parish, K1EP; Bob Salow, WA1IDA, EC, Public Service; Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ,
Treasurer; Bob Cassell, N1ENS, EC; Jim Clogher, N1ICN, VP; Ed Hennessy,
N1PBA, Secretary; John Garrett, WN9T, EC; Ralph Walton, N1KOI.
The meeting began at approximately 1850.
- Ed Parish, K1EP, reported that equipment is being gathered now for the
marathon. Set up of antennas on the roof of the building for Net Control
will be on Saturday the 12th, and room access will be gained on Saturday
the 19th, to complete setup.
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, reported that he still needs hams to cover the
marathon. Interested hams should contact him IMMEDIATELY, if not sooner at
(508) 650-9440. Also, the Attleboro marathon briefing, scheduled for April
1, had to be postponed due to the snowstorm. It will be rescheduled in the
next day or so; notice will be made on 2 meters and Barc-list of the new
date and time.
- Dick, KA1TUZ, reports that the Eastern MA Public Safety Net will be
starting up again. It will be on Tuesday nights at 9:00PM on our 145.23
repeater. Net managers will be N1GJO and WA1TTG; Dick will help out , but
will not manage the net.
- Mike, N1IST, reminds us that BARC elections are coming up soon, and we
need to think about candidates for at least two positions that will be
vacated at the end of the term.
- Mike also urges members to read about the new proposals for license
structure in QST, and get your comments to Tom Frenaye, New England
Division Director, ARRL, soon. Mike will mention this in the SPARC, and
details are in QST.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2015.