Minutes of the BARC Executive Committee Meeting
June 4, 1997
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Club Secretary
Present were Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Treasurer, Membership Services; Paul
Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor; Renato Donadio, N1XBR; Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ,
EC; Mike Ardai, N1IST, President; Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service; Ed
Parish, K1EP; Glenn Meader, KA1LKM, FD Chair; Jim Clogher, N1ICN, VP; Bill
Ricker, N1VUX; Bob Cassell, N1ENS, EC; Joe Daley, WA1EAT, Ed Hennessy,
The meeting was called to order at 6:55 PM.
- Mike, N1IST, reports that the next batch of badges will be available at
the next General Meeting.
- Arthur, N1NHZ, reported that he has not received any further
nominations for club office. (Nominations remain open until the moment of the
election -- nominations may be made from the floor.)
- Updates on some future events were given, but none are ready to
The Executive Committee meeting adjourned at 7:40 PM. The discussion
then turned to Field Day issues.
- Field Day is June 28-29 this year. Glenn, KA1LKM, is doing a great job
organizing this event. He still needs help in several areas, including
setup/teardown crews, overnight operators, station managers and so on. The
General Meeting this month will focus on various aspects of Field Day
(logging programs, radio operation, 'practice runs' and so on).
- Contact Glenn for more info on what he needs help with. He can be
reached at (617) 280-4319, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org