Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
November 4, 1998
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Exec committee
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Exec Committee
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Ralph Walton, N1KOI
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1845.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2000
- There was no BARC net on 11/2 - why not? Someone should have stepped
in and picked up the net. We will be trying a new (old) format for the net.
We will go down the list of checkins once and let everyone get a chance to
bring up something to the net. Afterwards, we will open it up for any
other comments. This should increase participation and people are encouraged
to bring questions to the net.
- The Ham of the Year nomination form is on the web and will be in the
- We need to make a flyer that we can drop off at Radio Shack, You-do-it,
and similar places so they can direct people with ham radio questions or those
looking for a local club to BARC. Guy, KB1CRY, was volunteered to do a rough
draft. Once we have the design done, we will look for any club members who
can donate some printing or copying.
- N1IST has received some ideas for PR signs or displays to use at
events such as Ham Radio Awareness Day, Aviation Expo, etc. I will work
on it when I get some free time :-)
- The tech class is going very well, we have about 10 students in the
- BARC has not been invited back to have a message booth at First Night.
Thanks to N1LRT for trying.
- Western MA will be holding a simulated emergency test on 11/7. There
will be another 6-hour ARES training class on 1/23 in Marlboro.
- The RACES net on every business Monday has changed format to a
- There will be a kickoff meeting on 11/12 for the Newton ARES Team.
Thanks to KA1TUZ and WA1IDA for their work.
- BARC will be sponsoring a tour of Logan Airport's fire department,
most likely on December 13th. It was postponed due to lack of response.