Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
April 1, 1998
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Club Secretary
Present were Mike Kass, N1YER; Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, VP; Arthur Ashley,
N1NHZ; Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor; Bob Salow, WA1IDA; Renato Donadio,
N1XBR; Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer; Bob Cassell, N1ENS, EC; Bill Ricker,
N1VUX; Rick Miller, N1ZXZ; Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary.
Mike Ardai, N1IST, was unable to attend since he was teaching a ham class.
Dick Doherty ran the meeting as VP in Mike's absence.
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1845.
- We have a Field Day Chairman. Ed Burg, N1VSJ, has volunteered to head
up this year's effort.
- April's General Meeting is "New Ham Night." Let's all wear our name
badges and make a special effort to introduce ourselves to the new faces in
the audience (who may be new hams, or BARC members who can't make Wednesday
meetings but who can come on Thursday). It's also "Show and Tell" night,
so bring along anything you want to show off and tell about.
- The June meeting will not have a speaker. The topic will be Field Day
and elections will also be held.
- The club received a thank-you note from the Multiple Sclerosis Society
for providing hams for communications for Sunday's MS Walk. They also
thanked us for the good job done by the hams. The note will be reprinted
in the SPARC.
- Elections are coming up in June. Paul Carter, N1TMF, and Renato Donadio,
N1XBR, have volunteered to act as the Nominating Committee for the slate of
officers. If you are interested in running for BARC office, contact either
Paul or Renato.
- There are several activities in the works for the next few months,
including trips to ARRL HQ, more public safety-oriented tours, and a
foxhunt. These are in various stages of planning. Details will follow.
- BARC's new Emergency Response Team has been recognized, and has been
asked by Cambridge to act as backup if necessary.
The meeting was adjourned at 2005.