Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
May 6, 1998
Recorded by Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, Club Secretary
Present were Renato Donadio, N1XBR; Mike Kass, N1YER; Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ,
VP; Mike Ardai, N1IST, President; Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor; Ed
Hennessy, N1PBA, Secretary; Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer; Bob Cassell,
N1ENS, EC; Carlos Silva, KB1CRZ; Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service; Ed
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1910.
- Field Day report: There has been a FD meeting, and things are
progressing. Help is still needed. Anyone interested in helping who did
not attend the planning meeting should contact this year's Field Day
chairman, Ed Burg, N1VSJ.
- BARC again had a booth at the Aviation Expo, which was held today (May 6)
at Logan Airport. We have plenty of promotional materials to hand out,
but we could use some posters to display at events like these. Anyone with
artistic abilities? Please let any of the officers know, and help make
these displays better.
- Our 501c3 status is in the process of being reinstated, thanks to help
from Mike Kass, N1YER. We had had it in the past, but it was not renewed
and therefore lapsed. We need to reapply with the IRS. This gives BARC
status as a non-profit, educational organization.
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, has written a draft 'repeater operating guide' which
is being reviewed and edited. It will be published with the SPARC as well
as in a separate handout when ready. Other items besides repeater details
may be added.
- The club may be able to operate a 440 repeater. Details to follow.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2055.