Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
July 1, 1998
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Exec committee
- Carlos Silva, KB1CRZ
- Ed Parish, K1EP
- Mike Kass, N1YER
- Ralph Walton, N1KOI
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1915.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2110
- BARC will be having a tour of Channel 7 (WHDH-TV) on August 12th.
- Thanks to the work of Mike Kass, N1YER, BARC's 501(c)(3) certification
has arrived. Now we need to forward it to the State.
- N1NHZ will be chairing the Net Control 101 committee. The next
NCS 101 session will be on August 3rd, right after the BARC net. Members
of the emergency response team, ARES, SATERN, and those interested in
emergency and public service communications are encouraged to participate
and try their hand at running the BARC net. It is great training, and much
better than trying to run your first net in the middle of a disaster.
- Field Day went very well. Anyone with any comments or feedback should
send it to n1ist at firstname.lastname@example.org or to the BARC PO box. Some comments
that came up concern logging (see K1EP's article in the July SPARC), how
to get more operators, training sessions and elmering at FD, and a proposed
BARC competition among club members. VHF worked out very well this year;
next year we should take advantage of the new rules and do some HF
- For liability issues, minors must be supervised at all times at any
- Upcoming BARC Public Service events: The WGBH Ice Cream Fest (9/12
and 9/13, 1100-1600 each day) and the Jimmy Fund marathon walk on 9/27.
- Plans for the BARC NTS booth at First Night are progressing.
- We will try to reserve the Happy Haddock again for the holiday
dinner this year.