Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
September 2, 1998
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Exec Committee
- Ed Burg, N1VSJ, Emergency Response Team leader
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Exec committee
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1850.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2020.
- We still need help for Ham Awareness Day on 9/19. We brainstormed
ideas for a tabletop display. N1IST will look into designing it; we are
looking for ideas what to put on it.
- Unless someone wants to run it, we won't have a BARC table at MIT
this month, since N1IST will be tied up and KA1TUZ can't run it all himself.
We will have a BARC table at Hoss Traders and the October MIT.
- BARC will hold a Tech class this fall, probably in October and/or
November. It will be held at the Salvation Army building. Stay tuned
for more info.
- BARC will be assisting WGBH with their telethon for one day, probably
in December (on TV, not on ham radio). This is a fun PR event, and includes
a tour of the WGBH studios and facilities.
- We still need help for the ice cream fest and the Jimmy Fund walk.
Contact Bob, WA1IDA, if you can help out.
- The current club treasury balance is $2481.
- We are still looking for responses to the "what can BARC do to improve
the club" question. Please send them to
firstname.lastname@example.org, the club PO box, or answer them on
the BARC web page.
- The BARC Emergency Response Team will be having a "pseudo-announced
emergency" scenario shortly, possibly in association with the Simulated
- Upcoming BARC Public Service events: The WGBH Ice Cream Fest (9/12
and 9/13, 1100-1600 each day) and the Jimmy Fund marathon walk on 9/27.
Ham Radio awareness day (9/19) and the Public Safety fair at the MEMA