Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
February 4, 1999
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Exec committee
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Exec committee
- Ed Parish, K1EP
- Walter Pienton, AA1MA
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
- Mike Kenemund, KB1CKF
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1847.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2055.
- We are in need of speakers for the general meeting. If you have
any ideas who we should get (or what topics you would like to have covered),
please let one of us know.
- Thanks to AA1MA and KB1CKF for helping out with the BARC audit.
- Some GPS recievers will have trouble when the date rolls over this
August - contact your vendor for more information.
- The duplexers for the repeater will be in mid-February. Meanwhile,
whatever has been gronking the repeater has quieted down a bit lately.
- We seem to be having trouble finding Net Control stations for the
BARC net. Some of this may be due to the recent repeater problems, but,
regardless of why it is happening, we need to track down more net controls.
If you can help out, contact N1IST or sign up on the BARC web site.
- We are considering some changes in the membership categories for
next year, including a choice where you only get the SPARC electronically
with a discount on the membership rate.
- More orange "Emergency Communications" hats will be in soon. They
are still only $7.
- Guy showed the first prototype of the PR flyer (to be used at Radio
Shack, HRO, the MIT Flea, etc.)