Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
March 30, 1999
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Exec committee
- Mike Kass, N1YER, Exec committee
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
- Ralph Walton, N1KOI
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1855.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2025.
- Our April speaker (if we can confirm him in time) will be from RCN
(the cable/internet/phone company). If not, we will do a
"show and tell" night. We haven't had one of those in over a year.
- N1TMF has been appointed as the nominating committee. Nominations
are now open for club officers.
- The roster has been frozen for publication. We will put it in the
April SPARC. The one in the SPARC will be sorted by callsign. If you
want one sorted by name, stop by the April general meeting.
- The Field Day site (Larz Andersen park in Brookline) has been reserved.
- The BARC foxbox box is in; I just have to box the fox (appologies to
Dr. Seuss :-)
- N1TMF has sent in BARC's submission to the ARNS newsletter contest.
- There are some proposals around that hams adopt the ISO standard
format for dates (YYYYMMDD) for logging and QSL cards. That will eliminate
confusion over whether 4/2 is April 2nd or February 4th.
- There will be more Skywarn training coming up; not sure whether there
will be any within 128 this time.
- There will be ARES training coming up in May.
- The new ham recruiting flier (the one we will leave in Radio Shacks)
is coming along.
- We have received more of the orange "Emergency Communication"
hats - they are still $7 each. Contact WA1IDA if you want one. These hats
are only to be used at emergency or similar events.