Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
May 6, 1999
Recorded by Michael Ardai N1IST, Club Secretary
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA
- Mike Koenemund, KB1CKF
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1900
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2105.
- Our April speaker will be Mike Murphy talking about VLF operating
- There will be a Field Day planning meeting on Thursday, 5/20, at 1800
at the Salvation Army just before the general meeting. All interested in
helping out with Field Day are encouraged to attend.
- We are looking for people who are able to demo or operate some
less-standard modes for Field Day - RTTY, SSTV
- There were 145 hams on the route and 65 at the finish line of the
Boston Marathon. We had 28 ambulance calls handled thru Net Control. If
you haven't sent in your evaluation form, plese get it in soon.
- We are looking for ideas on how to get kids interested in ham radio
- We will be having a contest to design a BARC club QSL card. Details
will follow in the June SPARC but start thinking of designs now!