Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
December 7, 2000
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, BARC Secretary
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice-President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services, ERT Leader
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Leo Burke, KA1LN
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDX
- Mike Coffey, KB1EZL
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1832 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, and education.
- There is a possbility of having the Business meetings being held at a different location
starting in February.
- It was decided to start the general meeting on 18 January 2001 at 7:00pm, instead of
7:30pm, in order to allow people a chance to socialize after the meeting.
- The 2001 membership applications have been printed, and will be sent out in the next
- The club is looking for presentation and display materials to be used in setting up an
informational display about BARC and Ham Radio when the club has a booth at events (e.g.
Field Day, Airport Expo, WGBH Ice Cream Fun Fest, and so forth). Donations of surplus
equipment are welcome. Contact Mark Duff, for further details.
- It was noted that Field Day is coming, and that it would be good forthe club to have a
``HF Day or Night'' event that was separate from Field Day. Further details to follow.
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX, reported on the success of the November 4th SET (Simulated Emergency
Test), insofar as the participants were concerned.
- The Friday night ``SWAT'' [SATERN, Weather, ARES & Technical] net continues to be a
success, with the ``Tech'' portion comprising a major segment each Friday
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2000 hrs.