Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club
October 4, 2001
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- David DiGennaro, N1ZDZ
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Ed Kraft, WB1ATW
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L
- Paul Olivieri, N1KZR
The meeting started at approximately 1908 hrs.
- VE sessions are going well. We had 4 candidates last
month and all got what they came for or more.
- There is still a need for more volunteers to staff (and
drive) theSalvation Army canteen truck. People interested
are encouraged to contact Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ.
- NG1L and N1NHZ have switched roles in the BARC Emergency
Response Team with Rick now leading the team and Arthur
now as Vice Chair.
- There were reports of the ham activities in the response
to the September 11th terrrorist attacks.
- The Triathalon was very successful - we received a nice
letter from the organizers.
- The BAA Half Marathon will be on 10/14. We have 22 hams
signed up to help but could use a few more. Contact
WA1IDA if you can help.
- The BARC winter party will be held at the TinTin Buffet
in Brighton (same place as last year) on 12/20 instead of
the general meeting. Buffet dinner will be $10.
Reservation forms and the Ham of the Year nomination form
will be in the November SPARC.
- The November SET (simulated emergency test) has been
either postponed or cancelled due to recent events.
- The ARRL has changed the club referral program. BARC will
now get $15 for everyone who joins the League (or renews
after a 2-year lapse) thru the club. The regular renewal
cut has been eliminated.
- There was some discussion about getting BARC logo
clothing - shirts, jackets, patches
- We still need stuff for the BARC display.
- We discussed ideas for supporting disaster comminications
for certain local organizations.
- Due to various postal increases, 2002 dues will be $23
($1 increase) for regular members and $12 (unchanged) for
all others. Half year rates will be half the full-year
- October newsletter folding will be at N1IST's
The meeting adjourned at 2041 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you
have any suggestions, questions or comments, this is where to
bring them. All members are welcome (and encouraged) to join us
at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be
held Thursday, 1 November 2001 (1st Thursday of the month),
7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library [410 Broadway, Everett,
MA] (off rt. 99) in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen
to the repeater for directions.