Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
November 1, 2001
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Mike Coffey, KB1EKN
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- November VE session will be on 11/5 due to Veteran's Day. Back to the normal
second Monday schedule in December.
- Thanks to N1DHW and N1NHZ for a terrific job with JOTA.
- Discussions began about Field Day 2002.
- BARC will purchase another 200 orange "Emergency Communications" hats for
- We need to finalize the recruiting/info brochure.
- Our November speaker will be from MEMA. Future topics include show-and-tell night,
HF operating, and a speaker from the Mass. power pool on RFI.
- The BARC winter party will be held at the TinTin Buffet in Brighton (same place as last
year) on 12/20 instead of the general meeting. Buffet dinner will be $10. Reservation
forms and the Ham of the Year nomination form will be in the November SPARC.
- The BARC PO box has been renewed for another year.
- We will purchase a season pass for the MIT flea market again next year.
- There was some discussion about getting BARC logo clothing - shirts, jackets, patches
The meeting adjourned at 2050 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, December 6th
2001 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library [410 Broadway,
Everett, MA] (off rt. 99) in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater