Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
December 6, 2001
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- James Sullivan, AA1XS
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The Simulated Emergency Training [SET] will occur in March 2002.
- The club's participation in Jamboree on the Air [JOTA] 2001 was such a success that the
club has decided to do it again next year for JOTA 2002.
- The next Tech No-Code Class will be held in either February or March 2002. More details
as they become available.
- Field Day 2002 will be chaired by Mike Ardai, N1IST, with Leo Burke, KA1LN and Paul
Olivieri, N1ZKR assisting as Vice-chairmen. It is not too early to help out in making this
Field Day as good as it can get! Contact any of the above to help out.
- Net Control Operators are needed for the Monday night BARC Net. Contact Mike, N1IST for
- The Club's desk display will be present at the January General Meeting.
- Remember -- the BARC Annual winter party is December 20 at the Tin Tin restaurant. The
buffet dinner costs $10.00 per head. Please mail in your reservations and nominations for
the Ham of the Year.
- Also -- Please wear your BARC Name Badges to the Party!! It makes it easier when doing
an eyeball QSO as a memory aid!
The meeting adjourned at 2050 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, January 3rd
2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library [410 Broadway,
Everett, MA] (off rt. 99) in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater