Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
January 4, 2001
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, BARC Secretary
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice-President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services, ERT Leader
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Leo Burke, KA1LN
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDX
- Mike Coffey, KB1EZL
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
- Mike Kass, N1YER
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Rick DeSisto, N1IWE
- Ed Parish, K1EP
- Jack Mooney, N2QEK
The meeting was called to order at approximately 1840 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, and education.
- There is a great need for more volunteers to staff (and drive) the Salvation Army
canteen truck. There are various hours available. People interested are encouraged to
contact Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ.
- It was decided to start the general meeting on 18 January 2001 at 7:00pm, instead of
7:30pm, in order to allow people a chance to socialize after the meeting.
- There is a possibility of having the Business meetings being held at a different
location starting in February.
- It was voted to set aside $100.00 for refreshments in the event that BARC conducts an
ARES class this spring. This motion was made by KA1TUZ.
- It was also voted to donate $50.00 in memory of Jim Hatherley, WA1TBY, to his church's
steeple fund. This motion was made by WA1IDA
- The repeater has been subject to some random interference of a man-made nature. Those
who can contribute their observations of such interference should contact either N1IST or
- Another Run of BARC member badges will be done soon.
- It was mentioned that the Spring Foxhunt will be occurring in March or April.
- The Friday night ``SWAT'' [SATERN, Weather, ARES & Technical] net continues to be a
success, with the ``Tech'' portion comprising a major segment each Friday. It has been
suggested that a fine-tuning of the format is in order, with the SATERN theme being
replaced by ``Satellite'', inasmuch as SATERN is the lead topic on all Friday night nets.
- There has been interest expressed in having a Simplex net on the club's designated
simplex frequency (147.42MHz), as well as having a net on the club's UHF repeater
Interest was also expressed in having a Special Event Station in the
summer, apart from either Field Day or the Jamboree on the Air (JOTA).
Further details still need to be worked out on these items.
The meeting was adjourned at approximately 2037 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, 1 February 2001
(1st Thursday of the month), 6:30pm. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for
a new location to be announced. Failing that being arranged in time, we will meet at the
food court of the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall, down by the windows facing the lagoon.