Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
April 5, 2001
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, BARC Secretary
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice-President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Executive Committee
- Mike Kass, N1YER, Executive Committee
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Executive Committee
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDX
- Charles Scrufutis, KB1CSB
- Mike Coffey, KB1EZL
- Rick DeSisto, N1IWE
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
The meeting started at approximately 1840 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, education and public service.
- There is still a great need for more volunteers to staff (and drive) the Salvation Army
canteen truck. There are various days and hours available. People interested are
encouraged to contact Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ.
- The chairman of the Election Committee is Mike Kass, N1YER. Nominations for the club
officers are presented at the May General Meeting, with the Elections being held at the
June meeting. For further details, contact Mike Kass, N1YER.
- It was announced that, due to the day-long events happening on 16 April with the Boston
Marathon, there will be no formal BARC Net that evening.
- The chairman for Field Day 2001 is Mike Coffey, KB1EZL. The vice chairman is Leo Burke,
KA1LN. Contact either to volunteer. A volunteer meeting will be held soon. Also, Field Day
pins are ready to be ordered. Contact Mike Coffey, KB1EZL, to place an order. Each
pin costs $5.00.
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, reported that the next scheduled public service event is the Boston
Marathon, on 16 April 2001. The next two events in April after that are Aviation Expo on
24 April and the ``Run of the Charles'' on 29 April 2001. Contact Bob Salow, WA1IDA for
- Ideas, photos, and so forth are needed for the club's display board.
The meeting adjourned at 1931 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, 3 May 2001
(1st Thursday of the month), 6:30pm. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for
a new location to be announced. Failing that being arranged in time, we will meet at the
food court of the Cambridgeside Galleria Mall, down by the windows facing the lagoon.