Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
July 5, 2001
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Vice-President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC editor
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Executive Committee
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Bob Cassell, N1ENS, Executive Committee
- Peter Grace, KB1CVH
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Mike Coffey, KB1EZL
- Mark Dulcey, KE1L
- Bill Ricker, N1VUX
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Hank Buccigross KB1GRQ
The meeting started at approximately 1830 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, education and public service.
- One of the club tents is missing a piece of a tent pole - this should be replaced.
- Repeater update: N1IST, WN9T, and KA1TUZ visited the repeater. We cleaned and
tightened all the RF connectors, reset the clock, and removed the Motorola time-out timer
module. This way there is only one TOT; this should hopefully fix the problems with
controlling the user functions of the repeater when it is timed out. Next time we
are up there, we plan to replace the pigtail between the hardline and the antenna (waiting
on connectors) and replace a missing mounting screw on the .175 antenna.
- BARC Emergency Response Team is planning to send out a roster to all BERT members.
- N1NHZ and N1IST will work on a CW demo for the WGBH Ice Cream FunFest and other PR
- Upcoming public service events:
- 9/2 - Triathalon
- 9/8 and 9/8 - WGBH Ice Cream FunFest
- 9/30 - Jimmy Fund Marathon walk
- 10/14 - Half Marathon
- MEMA Public Safety Fair
- Field Day went very well. We spent about $500 - $550.
- Ideas, photos, and so forth are needed for the club's display board.
- We are looking for ideas for field trips and tours. Contact N1NHZ with ideas.
We will try to arrainge a tour of SmartRoutes.
- How can we get more net control operators?
- We discussed ideas for an upcoming HF night or perhaps an HF talk at a general meeting
with a Saturday/Sunday field trip HF day.
The meeting adjourned at 1955 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, 2 August
2001 (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30pm. We meet at the food court of the Cambridgeside
Galleria Mall, down by the windows facing the lagoon.