Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
January 3, 2002
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- James Sullivan, AA1XS
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L, BERT coordinator
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Henry Buccigross, K1QK
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The Simulated Emergency Training [SET] will occur on March 23, 2002.
- The Club is going to try to have BERT activities [drills, simulations, nets, and so
forth] on a monthly basis.
- It was voted that the Club purchase a new antenna and accessories for the '23 machine,
as the present antenna is at the end of its service life, and prone to failure due to age.
- A half-page insert for the SPARC is being prepared for GOTAP [Get On The Air Program].
GOTAP is a program that the ARRL has put together in order to help new and existing hams
get on the air and stay in the hobby. The club's participation in Jamboree on the Air
[JOTA] 2001 was such a success that the club has decided to do it again next year for JOTA
2002. Your assistance is needed to make this an even bigger success! Contact Frank
Murphy, N1DHW to volunteer.
- The next Tech No-Code Class will be held in either February or March 2002. Details are
being firmed up as to when these classes will be conducted at
the Parlin Memorial Library in Everett [the same facility where the business meetings are
being held]. More information will be made available soon.
- There may need to be a change in the siting of Field Day, depending on the extent and
duration of the construction at the top of the hill at Lars Anderson Park. Field Day
2002 will be chaired by Mike Ardai, N1IST, with Leo Burke, KA1LN and Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
assisting as Vice-chairmen. If you can think of good alternative sites in the area, let
the Field Day Committee know! It is not too early to help out in making this Field Day as
good as it can get! Contact any of the above to help out.
- Volunteers are needed for manning the telephones during the WGBH March pledge drive.
Further information will be made available soon in regards to volunteering for this.
- The BARC mailing lists are being moved to a new server soon. Watch for the announcement
- Net Control Operators are needed for the Monday night BARC Net. Contact Mike Ardai,
N1IST for open dates.
The meeting adjourned at 2045 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, February
7th, 2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library [410
Broadway, Everett, MA, off rt. 99] in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the
repeater for directions.