Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
October 3, 2002
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, Executive Committee
- Rick DeSisto, NG1I, BERT Team Leader
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Hank Buccigross K1QK
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Rick Hampton, WD8KEL
The meeting started at approximately 1856 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- The VE (exam) session will be on the first monday of the month for October
and November due to holidays
- N1DHW is helping to re-write and update SATERN's emergency operation
- BARC will donate a 460 MHz commercial repeater to the Salvation Army to
support SATERN and Disaster Services
- The half marathon will be on 10/13. We still need help.
Contact Bob Salow at email@example.com if
you can help
- Repeater update: 145.23 and 447.175 continue to operate well.
BARC members are also involved in setting up and operating the 1282.7 (-12
MHz, no PL) and 223.78 repeaters. 145.43 is currently off the air
waiting for its tower to be replaced
- WA1IDA has finished up the flier targeted to pre-hams. We did some
fine-tuning at the meeting. The next one we will work on will target
hams who are not yet BARC members, followed by one for served agencies,
- We are looking into putting together a new-member packet, given out when
people join BARC.
- BARC will be operating JOTA in Hingham.
- The Simulated Emergency Test will be on November 9th.
- How can we stimulate activity for BERT? Training sessions?
Special meetings? On-the-air activities? Let NG1L or N1NHZ know
if you have any ideas
- We will try to have an EMCOMM level 1 exam at the January VE
session. If it works out well, we may do them quarterly and may do
levels 2 and 3
- Any interest in field trips?
- The October speaker will be Tony Montero, talking about satellite
operations. November will be N1IST talking about operating events
- BARC will sell the club's TS-930 and use the proceeds from the sale of it
and other equipment to purchase a more modern (and lighter) HF/VHF
transceiver setup. That way we will have 2 field-deployable stations.
The meeting adjourned at 1945 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
November 7th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street