Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
November 7, 2002
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Rick DeSisto, NG1I, BERT Team Leader
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Hank Buccigross K1QK
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Rick Hampton, WD8KEL
- James F Sullivan, AA1XS
The meeting started at approximately 1909 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- The WJ receiver has been sold. Other equipment will be brought to
the Waltham auction and sold there. The funds from the sale of them
will be used to replace the TS- 930.
- Courage HandiHams has acknowledged BARC's donation - it was much
- The VE (exam) session will be back on the second Monday of the month (its
usual date) until next October. We had one candidate this month who
earned his Tech and will be back to upgrade.
- CE exams must be held in a separate room from VE exams. If we can
arrange that, we will give all 3 ARECC exams. Hopefully we can do this
3 or 4 times a year. Watch the SPARC for more info.
- The New York Marathon used 419 hams. WA1IDA was there to help.
- Antennas were installed at the Salvation Army for the SET
- JOTA went very well. Thanks to the Hingham Fire Department and the
Bear Cove Fire Museum for their help. About 30 scouts and some other
kids stopped by. We got a good writeup in the Hingham newspaper.
- BARC will make a donation to the Bear Cove Fire Museum for their help with
- BARC will purchase a season pass for the MIT flea again next year.
We at least cover our costs and tend to pick up new members and hams
throughout the season.
- The repeater is still off by an hour. We will fix it as soon as we
can get to the site. 447.175 doesn't have a clock so this problem
doesn't happen there ::-)
- We will try to hold a Tech class early next year.
- The November speaker will be N1IST talking about operating events.
The December meeting will be the holiday dinner.
- Reservation forms for the holiday dinner, nomination forms for the BARC
Ham of the Year, and the roster will be in the November SPARC.
Membership renewal forms will be in the December SPARC (and in January and
February if you haven't yet renewed).
- The BERT team had a meeting on 11/3 to go over the SET
- Discussions on BARC's and BERT's participation in the 11/9 Simulated
Emergency Test (SET) took the remainder of the evening.
The meeting adjourned at 2035 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
December 5th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street