Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
February 7, 2002
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L, BERT coordinator
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- James Sullivan, AA1XS
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Henry Buccigross, K1QK
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Peter Grace, KB1CVH
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- There were 19 renewals at the PO Box
- The Simulated Emergency Training [SET] will occur on March 23, 2002.
- The next Tech No-Code Class will begin February 26. These classes will be conducted at
the Parlin Memorial Library in Everett [the same facility where the business meetings are
being held]. They will run for 4 weeks, Tuesday and Thursday nights.
- BARC is looking into providing emergency support for area hospitals
- JOTA was a success - let's try to find something a bit closer to Boston this year if
- Paul is looking for people to write regular columns for the SPARC - possibly BERT and
- We are looking for volunteers to help with Field Day.
- N1ZKR is improving the poker-chip transmitter coordination system for Field Day
- MS Walk will be 4/21
- The new antenna is in. We will try to install it 2/9
- We are looking for a club CEMARC representative - some possibilities have been discussed
- We will have a work party at the VE session to help with the BARC display board - please
come by 2/11 19:00 to the Pierce School in Brookline if yyou can help or if you have
something you would like to add to the display
- The SWAT net has been suspended due to repeater noise and difficulties finding net
control stations. It may start up again at a later date if there is sufficient
- We will be finalizing the BARC brochure prior to the class
- We are looking for speakers for upcoming meetings
- Net Control Operators are needed for the Monday night BARC Net. Contact Mike Ardai,
N1IST for open dates.
The meeting adjourned at 2042 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, March 7th,
2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway,
off route 99 in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for