Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
March 7, 2002
Recorded by Paul Carter, N1TMF
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L, BERT coordinator
- Paul Carter, N1TMF, SPARC Editor
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- James Sullivan, AA1XS
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Elliot Belin, N1PAV
- Steve Schwarm, W3EVE
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The Treasurer reported that the club's balance in 3/7/2002 is $4002.11
- N1DHW reports that the JOTA Scout station this year will be at Thompson's Island, they
are not interested in using BARC this year.
Discussed was setting up W1BOS as a receiving station.
- NG1L presented statewide RACES/ARES material for the March 23 SET. 8 Club members are
- N1IST and N1ZKR are proceeding with Field Day plans. Volunteers are needed!
- Members can soon pre-order Field Day pins and tee-shirts.
- New antennas should be installed at the repeater Sat. afternoon (3/9.) (Ed. They
- WA1IDA is reviewing a draft of the club brochure. The target audience needs to be
- N1DHW reports the Net 101 on Friday 9 p.m. was fine and should be repeated.
- KB1EKN observes that M club net controls should use the club call (W1BOS) rather than
their personal call.
- Table Display (Picture Box) is being worked on at VE sessions.
- WA1IDA showed some BARC business cards he designed. He can make them available to
members "for an arm and a leg."
- K1PAV says that the Boston Local Emergency Planning Communication Committee (LEP) needs
- KA1TUZ reports that three students ("good ones") had survived the Tech.
License class to this point.
The meeting adjourned at 2030 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, April 4th,
2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway,
off route 99 in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for