Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
April 4, 2002
Recorded by Michael Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L, BERT coordinator
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The next VE session will be 4/8. We will also work on the club display there.
- We will send out letters to people who haven't yet renewed.
- N1DHW reports that the JOTA Scout station this year will be at Thompson's Island, they
are not interested in using BARC this year. BARC will set up W1BOS as a receiving station
for making contacts.
- NG1L discussed the statewide RACES/ARES SET. 8 Club members were at the Salvation Army,
7 in surrounding cities and towns
- N1IST and N1ZKR are proceeding with Field Day plans. Volunteers are needed!
- We will purchase a temporary garage tent for field day - about 10x20 feet - good for 2
or 3 stations with very good public access
- There will be a field day meeting coming up soon. Keep an eye on barc-list or the club
net for more info. Most likely on a Saturday morning.
- BERT will be standing by as requested by EMA ARES on 4/15
- Upcoming events - MS walk on 4/21 (contact WA1IDA), Run of the Charles (contact N1VSJ)
and the triathalon on 9/1 (contact WA1IDA)
- The Salvation Army is looking for some more approved drivers for the canteen truck
- The Nominating Committee is KA1TUZ, K1QK, and N1LRT. Elections will be at the June
- We will look into getting a club table at Boxboro - most likely out in the flea market
- MIT Flea on 4/21 - we will have a club table there once again
- April speaker will be Eric, K1NUN, talking about QRP, possibly with some interesting
- There will be a special meeting called at the May business meeting to look into a
proposed Bylaws change to allow us to skip general meetings in the summer - right now we
are required to have monthly general meetings
- Thanks to everyone who has sent in donations with your renewal - they come in very handy
when we have special expenses, like the new antenna we put on .23 - that was $500
The meeting adjourned at 2030 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, May 2nd,
2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway,
off route 99 in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for