Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
May 2, 2002
Recorded by Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY, Secretary
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Guy Bzibziak KB1CRY, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Rick DeSisto, NG1L, BERT coordinator
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Robert Cassell N1ENS
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Peter Grace KB1CVH
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- Letters to those who have not yet renewed their club membership yet are out.
- At the next VE Session on 13 May, there will be a meeting for working on the Club
- Mark, KB1EKN went to the Salvation Army covering counseling, critical incident stress,
canteen/food service logistics, among other things.
- For Field Day, the club received a letter from the Town of Brookline granting permission
to use the Field Day site.
- The Nominating Committee=92s report regarding candidates for the Club Officers will be
given at the May General Meeting, with the Election being held at the June General
- Due to Independence Day falling on the first Thursday in July, The Business Meeting for
July will be held on 11 July.
- Discussion on changing the club bylaws regarding the frequency of General Meetings
ensued, more regarding this later.
- Paul, N1ZKR, reported on the SEMARC meeting held in April. The next CEMARC meeting will
be held at Boxborough during Boxborough.
- The May General Meeting will be concerned with Field Day planning.
- On June 3rd, MEMA Area 2 will be conducting a Hurricane drill.
The meeting adjourned at 2045 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, June 6th,
2002 (1st Thursday of the month), 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway,
off route 99 in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for