Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
June 6, 2002
Recorded by Michael Ardai, N1IST
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Paul Katz, N1LRT
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The next VE session will be 6/10.
- The July business meeting will be on JULY 11 (one week later)
since the first Thursday is the 4th of July
- The reminder notices to people who failed to renew has worked out well.
- The new ARRL Extra exam book is out. New question pool coming in July.
- Club liability insurance has been payed for another year.
- N1IST and N1ZKR are proceeding with Field Day plans. Volunteers are needed!
- Upcoming events - Triathalon on 9/1, half marathon on 10/13, WGBH funfest 9/14-9/15 -
contact WA1IDA if you can help
- BARC will have 2 club tables at Boxboro, out in the flea market area.
- MIT Flea on 6/16 - we will have a club table there once again
- Nominating committee reported their slate: KB1CRY for president, N1ZKR for VP, N1IST for
secretary, N1ICN for treasurer. Elections will be at the June General Meeting;
nominations will be open until just prior to each election.
- Salvation Army Disaster Services had a recognition dinner. KA1TUZ and N1DHW
received certificates for their SATERN work.
- We will look into making club logo patches and decals. Right now, we are just
finding out what they will cost.
- We will look into hosting an ARRL ARES class and an ARECC exam session, probably at an
upcoming VE session. Pre-registration will be required.
- Looking into assisting Jonathan in Brookline with installing an HF antenna
- Looking into participating in the International Lighthouses event
- A special meeting was called at 1918 and adjourned at 1950 to discuss the bylaws
- The motion to change "Executive Committee Meeting" to "Business
Meeting" to better reflect the purpose of the meeting carried with 13 in favor and 0
- The motion to change the requirement from 12 monthly general meetings to at least 10 was
discuessed and carried with 12 in favor and 1 opposed. No plans were made at this
point to actually change the number of meetings.
The meeting adjourned at 2047 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
July 11th, 2002 (2nd Thursday of the month, this month only), 7:00pm, at the Parlin
Memorial Library, 410 Broadway, off route 99 in Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or
listen to the repeater for directions.