Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
July 11, 2002
Recorded by Michael Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Walter Kahn, KB1IBG
- Guy Bzibziak, KB1CRY
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The next VE session will be 8/12.
- The July and August general meetings have been cancelled. The business meetings will be
held as ususal.
- Look into making a better "Welcome to BARC" package for new members that is
more than just a SPARC and membership application.
- We contact new licensees, new ARRL members, and people who have requested info of the
ARRL. They get the SPARC for 1-2 months, depending on where they live.
- BARC will participate in JOTA as a station advertised for others to contact. Most
likely 2 HF + VHF somewhere in Hingham
- Upcoming events - Triathalon on 9/1, half marathon on 10/13, WGBH funfest 9/14-9/15 -
contact WA1IDA if you can help
- BARC will have 2 club tables at Boxboro, out in the flea market area. We
will probably have the Salvation Army Canteen with us.
- SATERN is currently focused on the flooding in Texas.
- WA1IDA did a great job filling in as SPARC editor for July
- We need to get ethe BARC brochure ready - there will be multiple versions, the first
geared to prospective hams
- Still looking into the Lighthouse event - we must be within 1000 meters of a lighthouse;
this may be a problem.
- Field Day scores have been submitted.
- Looking into giving an ARRL Emergency Communications Level 1 class some time in the
- Looking for speakers - any ideas?
- Ideas for the Holiday Dinner - American food?
The meeting adjourned at 2040 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, August 1st,
2002 , 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway, off route 99 in Everett, MA.
Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for directions.