Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
August 1, 2002
Recorded by Michael Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Service
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN, Executive Committee
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ, Executive Committee
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Mike Coffey, KB1EZL
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Committee reports were read and accepted.
- The next VE session will be 8/12.
- The July and August general meetings have been cancelled. The business meetings will be
held as ususal.
- The Skywarn training session went very well.
- Still looking for a place to hold the holiday dinner - requirements are $10-$20 price
range and MBTA access - contact K1SQT if you have any ideas.
- SATERN is active at the train wreck outside Washington DC - served 600 meals 7/31
- Upcoming events - Triathalon on 9/1, half marathon on 10/13, WGBH Icecream Funfest
9/14-9/15 - contact WA1IDA if you can help
- We had visitors from the Christian Science Monitor - doing a story on ham radio,
emergency communications, and the ARRL Homeland Security grant.
- JOTA - either a station for other JOTA stations to contact, possibly in Hingham, or
possibly a full-fledged JOTA station at Hanscom.
- BARC will have 2 club tables at Boxboro, out in the flea market area. We
need people to help man the tables!!!
- Discussed having a special event station - we would like to do it; now all we need is an
event to tie it to.
- Field Day expenses were $642 - Food, gas, portapotty rental, and purchasing the canopy
- Executive Committee is WA1IDA, KB1EKN, N1PBA, KA1TUZ, N1YER
- Looking for speakers - any ideas? Blake, K1BTH, is our speaker coordinator -
contact him with suggestions or ideas.
The meeting adjourned at 2043 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members, and anyone else
interested, are welcome (and encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, September
5th, 2002 , 7:00pm, at the Parlin Memorial Library, 410 Broadway, off Route 99 in
Everett, MA. Check the Web page and/or listen to the repeater for directions.