Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
January 2, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ, Membership Services
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Hank Buccigross K1QK
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Bill Ohm, W1OHM
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 1906 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- Motion (passed) to give Bill Foley a gift certificate for his support to
BARC - if it wasn't for him, we would not have a place to meet.
- Send proposed agendas for the business meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the meeting so we will see what others are interested in and also be
able to bring answers to proposed questions at the meeting.
- VE session will be 1/13. Fee is now $12. New tech question
pool goes into effect 7/1/2003 and is available on the ARRL web site.
- MS Walk will be in April or May - watch for more info.
- The BARC web page has been updated - send any suggestions to email@example.com.
- The BARC holiday dinner ended up costing BARC $49 - 27 people attended.
- The repeater's clock has been set.
- How can we get more BARC Net control operators? Recognize them in
the SPARC? Certificates? Add a change to the preamble to remind
people that we need NCS's.
- We need a coordinator for field trips and visits - always was a club
- Motion (passed) to pay travel expenses (toll, gas) for the president to
attend the NE Division Director's meeting
The meeting adjourned at 2040 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
February 6th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street