Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
October 2, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Sam Pagan, KB1KEK
The meeting started at approximately 19:02 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- Due to scheduling conflicts, N1IST will speak in October about connectors
- New BARC name badges are in! These are a new format, and new ones have been made for all BARC members. Please
pick yours up at a meeting (Business, General, breakfast) or send a SASE to the club PO box. Badge clips will
only be available at the meetings.
- Due to holidays, the October VE (exam) session will be on 10/20.
- BARC's tax-exempt forms have been renewed thanks to N1YER, KA1TUZ, and N1IST
- The WGBH Ice Cream FunFest was a success, but we could have used a few more hams to help out at the PR
table. The CW practice sets were sorely missed and we will make sure to have them again next year.
- The BAA Half Marathon will be on 10/12. We still need help - contact Bob at
firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- N1DHW was involved with a SATERN drill in CT. The new communications van was a big success.
- A motion was passed to offer the option for members to receive the SPARC electronically in order to save the
club money. A checkbox to this effect will be on the 2004 membership application form, and technical details
still need to be worked out.
- We will hold a meeting (time and place yet to be determined) to help determine what is BARC's strategy/focus,
and how can we better serve the membership?
- We will be operating a special event station on 12/6 for SKYWARN and the Blue Hills observatory - the home of
the oldest continuous weather monitoring. Operations will be indoors and run roughly from 8 or 9 AM to 3 or 4 PM.
Contact Mark, KB1EKN at email@example.com if you can help out.
- As of November, we will be starting the business meeting at 1830 to give us a little
more time for the meeting.
- October: Mike Ardai N1IST talking about connectors, with demos
- November: TBD
- December: Holiday Dinner
The meeting adjourned at 20:45 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, November
6th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street