Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
November 6, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH, Vice President
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Sam Pagan, KB1KEK
- Dave Morris, KB1EGW
The meeting started at approximately 18:50 hrs.
- Remember that the Business meeting now starts at 18:30, not 19:00.
- Dave Morris from the Boston Police Department Area B-3 Radio Association
presented the work that they are doing getting community youth interested
in electronics/ham radio. This will initially be a 6 month program
for about 6-8 kids as part of the ARRL's "Big Project", and he
is looking for assistance from BARC. Keep an eye on the SPARC
or come to the business meeting for more info.
- New BARC name badges are in! These are a new format, and new ones have been made for all BARC members. Please
pick yours up at a meeting (Business or General) or send a SASE to the club PO box. Badge clips will
only be available at the meetings.
- The holiday dinner reservation form and Ham of the Year nomination form
will be in the November SPARC. The 2004 membership renewal
application will be in the December SPARC.
- The BARC repeaters (145.23 and 447.175) will be down 11/22-11/23 while
the building they are on gets some new window-washing equipment
installed. We will try to have some sort of temporary repeater on
the air instead.
- We will be operating a special event station on 12/6 for SKYWARN and the Blue Hills observatory - the home of
the oldest continuous weather monitoring. Operations will be indoors and run roughly from 8 or 9 AM to 3 or 4 PM.
Contact Mark, KB1EKN at email@example.com if you can help out.
- If you hear any unlicensed operators, people breaking FCC rules, or just
being annoying on the repeaters, please just ignore them. Don't egg
them on - that gives them the attention they want and we don't want to
encourage them. If they are doing something illegal, please get a
recording on tape.
- November: TBD
- December: Holiday Dinner
The meeting adjourned at 20:45 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
December 4th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street