Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
April 3, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- James Sullivan, AA1XS
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 19:06 hrs.
- The "you haven't renewed" letters were sent out instead of the
March SPARCs for people who haven't yet renewed. We received 9
renewals from 50 or so letters so far.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- Field Day planning meeting and Newsletter folding will be held at the
CambridgeSide Galleria Mall food court, lower level on Wednesday 4/9 at
- BERT will look into sponsoring an EMCOMM class and is looking into
providing appropriate training.
- The Framingham ARA will give an EMCOMM class for 3 days starting on April 25th.
- MS Walk will be 4/6. Triathlon in September, Half-marathon in
October, WGBH Ice Cream FunFest in October
- There is an HF SATERN net Saturdays at 11:00 on 7.270 MHz,
- The American Red Cross net meets on the first Wednesday of each month on
3.915 MHz at 20:00
- The USS Salem is looking for volunteers.
- The club's new FT897 has been purchased and all but the autotuner
(backordered) has arrived.
- April: Tom Kinahan N1CPE talking about RACES and NTS
- May: Mike Goldberg K1LJN talking about the Official Observer program
- No general meeting in July or August
- September: Representatives from ICOM showing off their newest radios
The meeting adjourned at 20:48 hrs, to be continued Wednesday night at the
field day meeting if necessary.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
May 1st (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street