Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
May 1, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Frank Murphy, N1DHW
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Rick Hampton, WD8KEL
- Ramon Kolb, KX1T
- Bill McIninch, KA1MOM
The meeting started at approximately 19:07 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- This month. the VE session will be the same week as the General
Meeting. The October VE session will be on 10/6 (the first Monday)
since the usual date is Columbus Day.
- The Salvation Army has received a number of business-band radios and have
the use of a repeater.
- We will have a Salvation Army truck at Field Day.
- The Salvation Army had a volunteer appreciation dinner. Bill Foley
KB1GLF, Frank Murphy N1DHW, Dick Doherty KA1TUZ, and Arthur Ashley N1NHZ
were in attendance.
- The BERT email to existing members has gone out.
- The BARC ham support for the MS Walk was successful. The next events
will be the Triathlon in the end of August or early September, the WGBH Ice
Cream FunFest, and the BAA Half Marathon.
- The Framingham ARA gave a successful an EMCOMM class
in April, and they are planning EMCOMM2/3 in the fall.
- May has 5 Fridays. The SWAT Net on the 5th Friday will be held on
- Joe, W1JJF has been doing a great job as BARC Net Control. Thanks!
- How can we get more people interested in being net control?
- How can we improve meeting attendance?
- The nominating committee has been selected - KA1TUZ (chairman) and
K1QK They will present their slate at the May General Meeting.
Nominations from the membership will be accepted thru the actual elections
at the June General Meeting.
- May: Mike Goldberg K1LJN talking about the Official Observer program
- June: Ramon Kolb KX1T talking about APRS
- No general meeting in July or August
- September: Representatives from ICOM showing off their newest radios
- October: Bob Hess talking about advances in digital radio
- November: Mike Ardai N1IST talking about connectors, with demos
- December: Holiday Dinner
The meeting adjourned at 20:48 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
June 5th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street