Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
June 5, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Bill McIninch, KA1MOM
The meeting started at approximately 19:00 hrs.
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- The triathlon will be on 8/31 - we need 25 or so hams to help out.
The WGBH Ice Cream FunFest will be 9/13 and 9/14 - we need people to work
the event and man the BARC booth. The half marathon will be
10/12. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nominating committee presented their suggested slate of officers for
the upcoming election:
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Vice President
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
- Mike Ardai, N1IST
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN
- Nominations from the floor will be open until just prior to each
election. Elections will be at the June general meeting.
- There will be a Field Day planning meeting after the BARC breakfast this
week. FD plans are proceeding well.
- The radios have arrived for the SATERN communications van.
- There is a SATERN net on Saturdays at 11 AM local time on 7270.
- The new technician question pool will go into effect July first.
- A proposal was made to establish a process for dealing with repeater
etiquette issues and with welcoming new repeater users into BARC.
- We are looking into running a hybrid EMCOMM 1 class in the fall - probably
over one weekend.
- We may want to look into a new location to hold the business meeting so we
don't run out of time like we have done the past few months.
Alternatively, we may want to start the meeting earlier.
- The July business meeting is currently scheduled for 7/3 but will likely
be moved to avoid the 4th of July holiday. Keep an eye on barc-list
and the club net for more information.
- June: Ramon Kolb KX1T talking about APRS
- No general meeting in July or August
- September: Representatives from ICOM showing off their newest radios
- October: Bob Hess talking about advances in digital radio
- November: Mike Ardai N1IST talking about connectors, with demos
- December: Holiday Dinner
The meeting adjourned at 20:38 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, July
4th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street