Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
August 7, 2003
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
The meeting started at approximately 19:03 hrs.
- N1IST presided over the meeting in N1ZKR and N1DHW's absence .
- Reports were received from the various committees regarding various ongoing concerns of
the club, such as emergency response, repeaters and public service.
- The triathlon will be on 8/31 - we need 25 or so hams to help out.
The WGBH Ice Cream FunFest will be 9/13 only - we need people to work
the event and man the BARC booth. The half marathon will be
10/12. Contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The SATERN net on HF on Saturday mornings will start up again soon.
- The Middlesex club is seeking donations to help replace the antenna on the
147.36 repeater. BARC will donate $50.
- There have been reports of non-licensed activity on 10M, possibly
truckers. If you hear anything, contact K1QK.
- We will now include applications in any newsletters sent out to
prospective members. We also briefly went over the SPARC mailing list
and will revisit our mailing policies after we find out more about where we
get new members from.
- The BARC holiday dinner in December will be at the TinTin Buffet again
- We may want to look into a new location to hold the business meeting so we
don't run out of time like we have done the past few months. Alternatively, we may want to start the meeting earlier.
Possible locations include MIT, BC, adn Boston Fire Alarm HQ.
- What is BARC's strategy/focus? How can we better serve the
- No general meeting in August
- September: Representatives from ICOM showing off their newest radios
- October: Bob Hess talking about advances in digital radio
- November: Mike Ardai N1IST talking about connectors, with demos
- December: Holiday Dinner
The meeting adjourned at 20:42 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
September 4th (1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street