Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
September 4, 2003
Recorded by Hank Buccigross, K1QK, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH
The somewhat informal meeting started at approximately at 2015
hrs at the Victoria Diner in Boston because of road construction
near the Parlin Library in Everett and to allow people to attend N1ENS's wake.
- We had a lengthy discussion about the newsletter mailing policies
and the possibility of distributing at least some of the
newsletters by e-mail. Member comments on this possibility will be
solicited. Potential cost savings are substantial.
- The club will hold a meeting sometime in the near future to
solicit ideas on BARC's focus. ["BARC in the 21st century"??]
The purpose is to help in the development of a strategy that will
attract the most potential members.
- The WGBH Ice Cream FunFest will be Saturday, 9/13 only - we
need people to assist and also staff the BARC Public Awareness
booth. The BAA Half Marathon will be 10/12. Contact Bob at
firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer.
- September: Representatives from ICOM showing off their newest radios
- October: Mike Ardai N1IST talking about connectors, with demos
- November: TBA
- December: Holiday Dinner
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday, October 2, 2003
(1st Thursday of the month), 7 pm. We meet at the Parlin library in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street