Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
January 8, 2004
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 19:23 hrs.
- Remember that the Business meeting now starts at 18:30, not 19:00.
- The January SPARC was folded at the meeting prior to the start of actual
business. We need help folding the newsletters each month; contact
N1ZKR if you can help out.
- New BARC name badges are in! These are a new format, and new ones have been made for all BARC members. Please
pick yours up at a meeting (Business or General) or send a SASE to the club PO box. Badge clips will
only be available at the meetings.
- Upcoming public service events: 2/1 - Miami marathon. 5/16 - MS
Walk, 10/10 - BAA Half Marathon
- Field Day will be 6/26 - 6/27 this year. We need someone to help
coordinate it this year.
- The 2003 treasury balance sheet was discussed at the January
business meeting. We will improve the format and review it at the
February business meeting - it will be a good basis for creating a more
accurate budget for the upcoming year.
- We have received 49 renewals so far with 2/3 opting for the electronic
SPARC and helping save BARC some money.
- We are (as usual) looking for speakers for the general meeting.
Please contact K1BTH with any ideas.
The meeting adjourned at 20:25 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
February 5th (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30 pm. We meet at the Parlin library
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street