Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business
October 7, 2004
Recorded by Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR
- Eric Falkof, K1NUN, President
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH, Vice President
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, Secretary
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Exec Committee
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Exec Committee
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK, Exec Committee
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ,
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
The meeting started at approximately 1830 hrs.
- The books that were voted to be donated to the
Library at the last meeting will be purchased by Mike Ardai. We will
try to get coverage in the local
newspaper and possibly local dignitary attendance at a ceremony when
are actually given to the library.
- A change will
be made to make Bob Salow the Club
contact with the ARRL so that he can get the information about new hams
League members in the area sent to him for inclusion in the mailing and
October General Meeting on Thursday October
21st will be held at Boston Emergency Management instead of
Salvation Army building
- Mike Ardai will investigate the possibility of
linking the 447.175 MHz repeater.
- The BARC-List may become a moderated list to
make it easier
to block SPAM. A set of guidelines will
be developed and published regarding the use of BARC-LIST.
- A motion was passed for Blake to try to make
for the holiday party to be held at the Dockside Restaurant in Malden.
If he is successful, the party will be held
there on Thursday, December 16, 2004 at a cost of $20 per person.
Information about the Holiday Party will be
published in the November SPARC.
- The search continues for alternate meeting
- Tentative speakers/topics list - contact K1BTH if you have any
suggestions or topics.
- October - Meeting at Boston EMA
- November - Ham radio software or Digital scanners
- December - Holiday Dinner
- January - Show and Tell
- February - Computers in ham radio
- March - Antennas and Zoning
- April - EMA ARES field trip
- May - Antennas
- June - Field Day
- Other ideas - Contesting, NTS
The meeting adjourned at 2043 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held
November 4th (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30 pm. We meet at the
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street