Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
March 4, 2004
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Joe Scully, K1SQT
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 1839 hrs.
- Remember that the Business meeting now starts at 18:30, not 19:00.
- N1IST, KA1TUZ, and N1DHW visited the repeater and made some
improvements. The diplexer has been removed from the 2M antenna and
a separate control RX has been reinstalled. A new controller for
447.175 is being built by N1IST. A motion was passed to purchase a
linking board for .23 that will allow linking the two repeaters .
- MIT donated a used ambulance to SATERN to use as a comminications
vehicle. Paint and mechanical work has been completed. The one
built last year has been relocated to the Salvation Army in Springfield.
- The weekly SATERN net meets 0900 Saturdays on 7.265 MHz. Please
check in if you can.
- We got a certificate from the National Weather Service thanking us for
our effort on Skywarn Recognition Day.
- W1BOS/MQE QSL cards are in for Skywarn Recognition Day.
- There will be a Field Day planning meeting on Thursday March 25th, 1830
at the Galleria Mall food court.
- The March SPARC will be folded at the the Galleria Mall food court on
Wednesday 3/10 at 1830.. We need help folding the newsletters each month; contact
N1ZKR if you can help out.
- New BARC name badges are in! These are a new format, and new ones have been made for all BARC members. Please
pick yours up at a meeting (Business or General) or send a SASE to the club PO box. Badge clips will
only be available at the meetings.
- There will be a CEMARC meeting on 3/13 in Marlboro.
- Upcoming public service events: 5/16 - MS
Walk, 10/10 - BAA Half Marathon
- We are (as usual) looking for speakers for the general meeting.
Please contact K1BTH with any ideas.
The meeting adjourned at 2040 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
April 1st (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30 pm. We meet at the Parlin library
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street