Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
April 1, 2004
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA, Public Services
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Mark Duff, KB1EKN
- Ed Hennessy, N1PBA
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 1900 hrs.
- Remember that the Business meeting now starts at 18:30, not 19:00.
- The MIT flea will be on 4/18 - BARC will have a table there but needs
help to man it.
- The VE (exam) session will be on 4/12 at the Piece school in Brookline,
- The Skywarn Recognition Day QSL cards will go out this week.
- The weekly SATERN net meets 0900 Saturdays on 7.265 MHz. Please
check in if you can.
- Work on the new SATERN communications vehicle is waiting for better
- We have been asked to help support communications for the Salvation Army's
disaster drill on 5/15. Contact N1DHW if you can help out.
- We had a Field Day planning meeting. We will probably operate 3A and
try to run on batteries and one 2KW quietrun generator. The operating
position will likely be under 2 easy-ups with a tarp between them.
Radios will be dedicated to a single mode (CW, phone, digital) - that will
simplify transmitter control. N1IST will not be at Field Day this
- The nominating committee for the upcoming elections is WA1IDA, KB1EKN, and
N1IST. Please let one of them know if you are interested in running
for an office.
- The April speaker will be Phil Temples, K9HI, talking about HandiHams.
- Upcoming public service events: 5/16 - MS
Walk, 10/10 - BAA Half Marathon
- We are (as usual) looking for speakers for the general meeting.
Please contact K1BTH with any ideas.
The meeting adjourned at 2040 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
May 6th (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30 pm. We meet at the Parlin library
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street