Minutes of the Boston Amateur Radio Club Business Meeting
August 5, 2004
Recorded by Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Paul Olivieri, N1ZKR, President
- Blake Haskell, K1BTH, Vice President
- Jim Clogher, N1ICN, Treasurer
- Mike Ardai, N1IST, Secretary
- Eric Falkof, K1NUN, President Elect
- Bob Salow, WA1IDA
- Dick Doherty, KA1TUZ
- Hank Buccigross, K1QK
- Dan Malloy, KA1RDZ
- Arthur Ashley, N1NHZ,
- Joseph Harris, KB1IXK
The meeting started at approximately 1838 hrs.
- K1NUN presided over the meeting.
- We had an exam session 8/2 at the Parlin library - 2 people showed up
and both got their Tech. The next exam will be 9/13 at the Pierce
School in Brookline.
- BARC will run an ad for 1 year in the World Radio clubs listing.
- We will have the BARC Family Picnic in September, most likely at the
fire museum in Hingham on 9/12 instead of the breakfast
- Tentative speakers/topics list - contact K1BTH if you have any
suggestions or topics.
- September - Using and assembling PowerPole connectors
- November - Ham radio software or Digital scanners
- Holiday Dinner
- January - Show and Tell
- February - Computers in
- March - Antennas and Zoning
- April - EMA ARES field
- May - Antennas
- June - Field Day
- Other ideas -
- We are working on a BARC member survey to get a better idea on what the
membership wants of the club
- We will purchase connectors for the PowerPole workshop so people will
have hands-on experience with them.
- BARC and Ham Radio was very well received at the DNC. Thanks to
all who helped out.
- Upcoming public service events:9/5 - Triathalon. 9/10 10AM-3PM -
WGBH Ice Cream FunFest (1 day this year), 10/10 - BAA Half Marathon.
Contact WA1IDA if you can help out with any of these.
The meeting adjourned at 2045 hrs.
This is where the real business of BARC is conducted. If you have any suggestions,
questions or comments, this is where to bring them. All members are welcome (and
encouraged) to join us at this meeting.
The next Boston Amateur Radio Club business meeting will be held Thursday,
September 2nd (1st Thursday of the month), 6:30 pm. We meet at the Parlin library
(410 Broadway) in
Everett. There is free parking across the street behind the post
office. The 110 bus from Wellington stops across the street