BARC offers Volunteer Exam sessions four times a year. All are held in the Community Room at Brookline Police Headquarters, 350 Washington St., Brookline Village. The next session will be held at 7:30 pm on July 10, 2017.
We administer tests for Technician, General, and Amateur Extra license classes.
Testing is by reservation only. You must reserve in advance with either Jim Clogher, N1ICN (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Linda Blair, NA1I (email@example.com). If you cannot make it for some reason, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible. We also ask that you be prompt, since we start the exam when everyone has arrived.
Please bring the following with you:
- Your current license and a photocopy, if you are upgrading. We will keep the photocopy.
- Any Certificates of Successful Completion of Exams (CSCEs) you are claiming, and a photocopy of each. We will keep the photocopy.
- A valid photo ID, or two valid non-photo IDs.
- A pen and pencil.
- A calculator (if you need one). We will need to check to make sure any memories have been cleared and you cannot use a calculator app.
- $15. If you pass an exam, you may take subsequent tests without paying an additional fee. Repeating an exam requires the payment of an additional $15 fee.
The needed FCC forms will be provided. We strongly encourage you to obtain an FCC Registration Number (FRN) by visiting this website, otherwise you will have to provide your social security number. If you have an FRN, you must use it instead of a social security number and it must be correct. Note that if you have any kind of FCC license (not just an Amateur license) you will have an FRN.