Ham Radio Exams
The Boston Amateur Radio Club Volunteer Exam team holds exam
sessions. Check the main page
for the schedule
Examinations are held in the Community room of the Brookline Police
Headquarters, 350 Washington Street. It's a short walk from
Brookline Village (or Brookline Hills) T stop on the "D" branch of
the green line.
Reservations are required. Please contact Linda
Blair, NA1I or Jim Clogher
N1ICN to make a reservation
- Your current license and a photocopy (if you are currently
- Any CSCE's or expired-license credits you are claiming, and a
photocopy of them.
- Valid photo ID (or 2 non-photo IDs only if you don't have a
- A pen, pencil and a calculator (if you want to).
- $15.00 (good for all the tests you take at that session,
except for retests).
- The needed FCC forms will be provided.
- For people not taking an exam, license renewals and address
changes are processed free for ARRL members or $15 for
What's the exam like? Here is a sample examination
based on the actual FCC question pool!
For more information, contact Jim Clogher, N1ICN, at (617)
364-4658 or email@example.com